The Escaping Violence Payment program is available to anyone experiencing violence from their partners. This includes violent or threatening behaviour that is:

  • Physically, verbally or sexually abusive
  • Emotionally, spiritually or psychologically abusive
  • Economically abusive
  • Threatening, coercive, or seeks to control or dominate the other person.

If you are looking to leave a violent partner, or have recently left and you are struggling with the finances to live your life in safety, you could be eligible for:

  • Up to $1500 in financial assistance, such as vouchers for essential items
  • Goods and services such as removalists, bonds or basics for a new home
  • Wrap-around support including casework from the EVP provider.

You do not need to be connected to Uniting Country SA to access the program. If you are already working with a family violence support service, talk to them about what to do next.

If this is the support you need, contact us via email, [email protected], or call one of the numbers below

If you are not yet in touch with a support service, call 1300 067 777 for support today, or call one of the 24 hour phone lines listed at the bottom of the page.

If you are in a situation of danger now, please call 000.

If you are experiencing family violence and need immediate support or advice, call 1800 RESPECT or the 24 hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line on 1800 800 098 and they will let you know what you can do. 

Coober Pedy and Surrounding Regions

(08) 8672 5220 | 0488 991 945 (24/7)
Coober Pedy

Port Augusta and Surrounding Regions

(08) 7628 3100 | 0428 326 529 (24/7)
36 Stirling Road, Port Augusta

Mid North

(08) 8633 8600 | 0428 326 540 (24/7)
60 Florence Street, Port Pirie

Lower North

(08) 8842 4033 | 0428 326 530 (24/7)
Shop 4 Village Plaza, 47 Old North Road, Clare

Yorke Peninsula

(08) 8821 0300 | 0428 326 527 (24/7)
8 Digby Street, Kadina