Options and Eligibility

Uniting Country Housing (UCH) provides housing support for:
To access UCH services, you must:
  • People at risk of homelessness
  • Older people seeking affordable options
  • Families and individuals escaping domestic violence
  • People who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
  • Be a resident in South Australia (SA)
  • Have a household income within the income eligibility limit
  • Not own any assets or property 
  • Be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support

Exceptions may apply in extenuating circumstances. You will also need to meet the South Australian Government's housing eligibility criteria relating to maximum levels of income and assets.

Housing Eligibility Criteria

Some houses are reserved for people with specific needs (eg Mental Health Housing, Transitional Housing Program and other supported housing programs). You will need to be nominated by the organisation who provides or manages the support attached to these programs.