Everyone is entitled to live peacefully in their home, regardless of where they live, or whether they rent or own a property.

You're not expected to tolerate excessive noise, or physical or verbal abuse from a neighbour.

Disruptive Behaviour

Disruptive Behaviour is anything that unreasonably or repeatedly interferes with the peaceful enjoyment of your home. This can include
  • Excessive noise, including loud music
  • Threats, intimidation, offensive behaviour or assault
  • Continual trespass
  • Vandalism or graffiti
  • Street fighting and verbal abuse between a neighbour and their visitors.
Disruptive Behaviour does not include:
  • Noise and activity associated with normal daily life - e.g. children playing
  • Nuisance pets
  • Council parking violations.

How do I deal with Disruptive Behaviour?

If you feel your safety, or the safety of others is at risk, contact the police for assistance on 131 444 (or 000 in an emergency).

Contact your Tenancy Officer to lodge a complaint if the behaviour is associated with another UCH tenant.

Talk to your neighbour
  • Be prepared to be reasonable and compromise - you are entitled to live peacefully and so are they
  • Do not engage in arguments with your neighbours or their guests
  • Do not threaten or act aggressively towards your neighbours or their guests
  • Do not engage in any illegal activity - e.g. trespass, vandalism.