• Do you feel like gambling has taken over your life or the life of someone you care about?
• Are you struggling to pay the bills on time, but think gambling is the answer to all your financial problems?
• Do you prioritize gambling over family commitments or spending time with friends?
• Have you ever lied about gambling, missed work because of gambling, or tried to ‘chase’ your losses?
• Does gambling, or not gambling, make you moody, irritable or angry?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, your gambling may be causing some problems for you. But don’t worry – we can help!
ABOUT OUR SERVICE
Uniting Country SA’s Gambling Help Service can help you take back control over your life. We provide free, confidential therapeutic and financial counseling services to those who are struggling with the consequences of problem gambling. We can also talk with the families, partners and friends of those who may be dealing with a gambling addiction and can provide them with tools, knowledge and strategies for self care and income management.
Gambling Help Services helps people overcome all kinds of problem gambling behavior including issues relating to:
• Poker Machines
• Horse and Dog Racing
• Sports Betting
• Computer and mobile phone based games
• Stock Market
• Bingo and Lotto
• Meet with you at one of our comfortable, safe, well equipped offices
• Meet at a neutral location (such as a coffee shop)
• Visit you at home
• Meet with you in person, even if you live in a remote location, outside of our main service areas
Uniting Country SA’s Gambling Help Service are located in the following towns and outreach is provided to regional locations.
YORKE AND MID NORTH
Port Pirie – 8633 8600
Kadina – 8821 0300
EYRE AND WESTERN PENINSULA
Port Lincoln – 8682 7900
Whyalla – 8649 0800
Port Augusta – 7628 3100
HELPLINE INFORMATION AND NUMBERS
For face to face personal, financial and family counselling please contact Uniting Country SA’s Gambling Help Services on: 1300 067 777
If you need immediate help, contact the Gambling Helpline now for free and confidential support, 24/7
Phone 1800 858 858 for support, information and counselling.
For online counseling and real-time chat and support visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au
For immediate support for depression or a mental illness, please contact:
Lifeline – 24/7 telephone counseling Service – 13 11 14
Beyond Blue info line: 1300 224 636
If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, call:
Lifeline on 13 11 14
Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
Financial Help http://www.moneysmart.gov.au/
Mental Health http://www.beyondblue.org.au/
Gambling Help Services is funded in full by the Gamblers Rehabilitation Fund
The Independent Gambling Authority: http://www.iga.sa.gov.au/